We're excited to announce a major update to our session replay, going live across all Decibel Insight accounts from October 4th, 2016.
We've been gathering user feedback and our own ideas to inform the next generation of our session replay module. The update has been designed to give you even more accuracy and control as you use this essential CX analytics feature.
The result is a whole new layout with updated controls, active surfacing of session details, enhanced features for clarity and accuracy, and deeper linking with other parts of the Decibel Insight platform.
Here's a summary of the changes:
- Improved UX
- Drop-down style menu
- Consistent look and feel with other reports in-app
- Easy-to-access playback options and timer
- Option to show / hide pointers, mouse trail, clicks
- Improved scrubber
- Visible playback progress
- Clearly demarked out-of-focus periods
- Improved tooltips and time indicator
- Enhanced in-scrubber display of key events like errors
- Improved event display
- All in-session events are marked with a time indicator
- Navigate the session replay by clicking in the event list
- Filter event groups
- Improved comments
- Threaded comments now enabled
- Resize and move existing comment indicators in-replay
- Improved precision
- Replay "ruler" determines exactly where an event takes place
Of course, as with all our new features, the best way to find out more is to login and explore them for yourself. We'd love to know what you think, so why not share your feedback in the comments below, or by dropping us a tweet?